This is especially true since mobile wallets that use Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and Near Field Communication, (NFC), are gradually replacing this use. Apple Pay is one of them.
Shoprite accepts Apple Pay as a method of payment. Apple Pay works with the latest version of Apple devices. You must set up your debit and credit cards in the wallet app to use Apple Pay.
How to use Apple Pay on Shoprite
Tell the cashier that Apple Pay is being used at Shoprite if you’re using Apple Pay. After the payment has been completed, you will receive a confirmation message. Apple Pay is the most secure payment method. It is contactless and takes only a few seconds for Shoprite to process the payment.
Can I get cashback when I use Apple Pay at Shoprite
If the store accepts Apple Pay Card, you will get cashback. Apple Pay Card users will receive cashback on every purchase. Apple Pay Card users who are regular customers of the shop will receive cashback for every transaction.
Setting up Apple Pay for Your Device
Apple Pay is the modern version of money. Apple introduced this feature with the iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2.
Setting up Apple Pay for iPhone
It is a smart idea to activate apple pay first on your iPhone before you try it on other devices.
- You can access the in-built wallet app on your iPhone.
- Continue tapping on the “+” button at the upper right.
- Next, tap “continue” which appears on your screen.
- Select the type of card you wish to add. You can add credit, debit or prepaid cards.
- You can then either add your card details manually or snap the front.
- Verify that the information you entered is correct.
- Next, enter the security code and expiry dates of your card. Then, click “next “.
- Accept these Terms and Conditions.
- After confirming your identity, you will be asked to confirm it. Click “Next” after that.
- Once your bank/card issuer has verified your information, click “next” and you can start using apple pay.