Teuton Resources and Rotation Minerals report gold-silver-polymetallic assays
by Greg Klein
Next Page 1 | 2
Initial drill results from the 4-Js property represent Teuton Resources’ TSXV:TUO “third successful” 2012 exploration program in northwestern British Columbia, the company states. The first set of assays, from near-surface drilling by optionee Rotation Minerals TSXV:ROT, were released February 14:
- 0.61 grams per tonne gold, 71.66 g/t silver, 0.19% copper, 1.06% antimony, 1.9% lead and 5.4% zinc over 7.62 metres
- (including 1.29 g/t gold, 140.5 g/t silver, 0.39% copper, 2.61% antimony, 3.23% lead and 11.93% zinc over 2.44 metres)
- 0.3 g/t gold, 39 g/t silver, 0.1% copper, 0.32% antimony, 1.53% lead and 4.12% zinc over 9.15 metres
- (including 0.43 g/t gold, 69.5 g/t silver, 0.23% copper, 0.66% antimony, 3.01% lead and 7.03% zinc over 3.05 metres)
- 0.53 g/t gold, 41.5 g/t silver, 0.19% copper, 0.66% antimony, 1.83% lead and 4.48% zinc over 3.05 metres
- 0.53 g/t gold, 30.7 g/t silver, 0.07% copper, 0.64% antimony, 2.4% lead and 3.44% zinc over 7.93 metres
- 0.47 g/t gold, 89.3 g/t silver, 0.18% copper, 0.63% antimony, 1.79% lead and 5.74% zinc over 6.1 metres
- 0.7 g/t gold, 156.5 g/t silver, 0.3% copper, 1.1% antimony, 2.5% lead and 9.43% zinc over 3.05 metres
- 0.28 g/t gold, 39.5 g/t silver, 0.05% copper, 0.1% antimony, 1.5% lead and 3.76% zinc over 6.1 metres.
True widths weren’t available. Intercepts started at seven metres, with the deepest stopping at a down-hole depth of 27 metres. Still pending are assays from 17 more holes of the 1,345-metre program.
Targets were chosen following trenching that showed massive mineralization consisting of bournonite (copper-lead-antimony sulphide), tetrahedrite (copper-antimony-sulphide), sphalerite (zinc sulphide) and galena (lead sulphide) six metres wide and 30 metres long, the company stated. Underlying the mineralization is a strong EM anomaly stretching at least 700 metres. Along trend with the EM anomaly are float boulders carrying bournonite, sphalerite and galena, which the company said could potentially extend the mineralization at least 300 metres from the drill targets.
Four-Js is one of over 25 properties held by Teuton, the Golden Triangle’s largest landholder according to the company’s IR rep, Gary Assaly. Speaking to ResourceClips, he says the company’s flagship “currently is the High property, which is right next door to Pretium. We did some work last year on High North and High South and we came up with some good numbers on High North.” The High property is immediately northwest of 4-Js.
Next Page 1 | 2