Saturday 24th June 2017

Resource Clips



Aurvista Gold extends Main zone as three rigs tackle the Abitibi’s Douay project

by Greg Klein | April 3, 2017

With 29 holes and 11,363 metres finished so far out of a 30,000-metre program, Aurvista Gold TSXV:AVA announced a 500-metre strike expansion northwest of the Douay project’s Main porphyry zone. The extension comes from hole DO-17-169:

  • 0.79 g/t over 34.5 metres, starting at 204 metres in downhole depth

Additional assays for this hole are still to come. Six of the 10 holes reported April 3 searched for Main zone extensions, with highlights showing:

Aurvista Gold extends Main zone as three rigs tackle the Abitibi’s Douay project

Located on the Abitibi’s Casa Berardi deformation zone,
Douay has another resource update planned this year.

DO-17-155

  • 0.59 g/t gold over 31.5 metres, starting at 55.5 metres

DO-17-156

  • 1.26 g/t over 12 metres, starting at 121.5 metres

DO-17-158

  • 0.83 g/t over 23.2 metres, starting at 227.3 metres

  • 0.99 g/t over 7.5 metres, starting at 279 metres

  • 0.98 g/t over 13.4 metres, starting at 306.7 metres

  • 1.05 g/t over 19 metres, starting at 387.4 metres

True widths were estimated at 90%.

Assays are pending for 13 additional holes, 10 of them at the Main zone, which has another 10 holes planned. An earlier batch released in February saw results up to 2.11 g/t over 20.6 metres and 2.2 g/t over 23.1 metres. Overall, 93% of the program’s results have equalled or exceeded the resource’s 0.5 g/t cutoff, Aurvista president/CEO Jean Lafleur stated. This year’s update shows an inferred category of 83.3 million tonnes averaging 1.05 g/t for 2.81 million gold ounces. The company anticipates another update by year-end.

Aurvista has three rigs on site to extend mineralization along east-west corridors and expand individual zones. Results “have provided favourable indications that previously ‘unmineralized’ segments of the Douay West and the Main porphyry zones are in fact mineralized,” the company stated.

Preliminary metallurgical results released last week showed recoveries in line with comparable Abitibi projects, Aurvista announced. Gold recovery averaged 26% from gravity and 66% from flotation, for a total of 92%. Cyanidation leaching of a gravity and flotation concentrate came to 85% recovery.

Also last week, Aurvista bought the remaining 10% interest of a 20-hectare portion of the 14,520-hectare Douay property for $12,500 from Société d’exploration minière Vior TSXV:VIO. In January Aurvista bought back a 1.5% NSR on 32 claims for $325,000. Aurvista offset most of those costs by selling 1.08 million Vior shares for $215,551. Aurvista raised $7.5 million in 2016.

The company now holds a 100% interest in 13,330 hectares and a 75% interest in the 1,190-hectare North West zone, a JV with 25% partner SOQUEM, the mineral exploration branch of the provincial government’s Investissement Québec.

Read more about Aurvista Gold.

Share |

View All: News Stories