by Greg Klein | February 22, 2017
With a second rig now onsite and more planned to arrive, Aurvista Gold TSXV:AVA reported assays from its Douay gold project in Quebec’s Abitibi region on February 22. So far the crew has sunk 11 holes totalling 4,936 metres on three zones of the property’s Adam Creek deposit. The current program calls for 30,000 metres. Some highlights from the latest results include:
- 2.11 g/t gold over 20.6 metres, starting at 150 metres in downhole depth (Douay West zone)
- 2.2 g/t over 23.1 metres, starting at 90 metres (Upper Douay West)
- 0.89 g/t over 36 metres, starting at 204 metres (New zone)
- 3.53 g/t over 4.5 metres, starting at 70.5 metres (Douay West North A)
True widths were estimated at 90%.
“The objective of the first drill holes was to prove the new geological model by extending the known mineralization along east-west corridors in proximity to three known gold zones,” stated COO Keith Minty. “A limited number of historic drill holes were twinned and new holes were drilled that visually extended the gold mineralization along the corridors and down-dip of previous intersections.”
With $7.5 million raised last year, the company plans to add more rigs to seek horizontal and vertical extensions of several zones and their potential connections.
The project’s 2012 base case resource applied a 0.3 g/t cutoff to eight zones along a five-kilometre trend:
- indicated: 2.69 million tonnes averaging 2.76 g/t for 238,435 gold ounces
- inferred: 114.65 million tonnes averaging 0.75 g/t for 2.75 million ounces
The resource ends at a vertical depth of approximately 400 metres.
Douay totals 14,520 hectares. Aurvista holds a 100% interest in 13,310 hectares, a 90% interest in 20 hectares and a 75% interest in the 1,190-hectare North West zone. The NW zone consists of a joint venture with 25% partner SOQUEM, the mineral exploration branch of the provincial government’s Investissement Québec.
Earlier this month the company announced four management additions. Last week Aurvista began trading on the OTCQB Venture Market in the U.S. under the symbol ARVSF.