Global legal firm Norton Rose Fulbright has released a short video summarizing changes to mining regulation in Quebec and Ontario.
- New requirement to submit exploration plan or exploration permit application to the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines before starting many early exploration activities
- New requirement for first nations consultation
- Some of these first nations consultation costs eligible to be claimed as assessment work credits
- New obligations and costs
- Additional royalty costs
- Mining operators must submit financial guarantee covering 100% of the anticipated costs of rehabilitation of sites
Reprinted by permission of MINING.com